Monday, November 23, 2015

A Prayer

An interpretation of my painter friend's works
for the Syrian child washed ashore to Greece, dead.
Also, for comforting countless aborted lives.
 
By X. Z. Shao
 
The Hand of Healing is upon you.
Return, your intimidated soul,
death is only a sleep.
From this pavilion,
the blue sea is open for you.
Can you see my face washed by tears?
The queen with a floral crown on
is here by your side,
singing a lullaby,
sleep, sleep, my child,
tomorrow you'll arise
and essay your wings
with newly-fledged pinions.
My heart is cotton
wrapping you up and gives you warmth.
Stars are holding a vigil for you,
and my long hair wet with dews
is singing a prayer in the wind.
Sleep, sleep, no more journeys
you are forced to take,
you have arrived safe at my shore.
           2015/11/16
 
 
 
 
祈祷,X. Z. Shao 英文笔并中译
叙利亚幼童死于船难,其尸体被冲刷到希腊海滩,举世皆惊。
画家余键为此事作画,余试解读,藉此为该幼童和所有命陨
母亲子宫的小生命祈福。
 
疗伤之手正抚慰着你,
归来,你受恐吓的灵魂,
死亡只是睡梦。
从凉亭看去
蓝色大海向你展开。
你是否觉察我泪流满面?
女王头戴花冠就在你身旁,
为你轻唱安眠曲,
睡吧,睡吧,我的孩子,
明天你就会起来,
试飞你新生丰满的羽翼
我心似柔棉
包裹着你,给你温暖。
星星为你守夜,
我夜露润湿的长发
在风中为你唱祷。
睡吧,睡吧,再也没人
逼迫你走上你不情愿的旅程,
你已平安抵达我的心港。
         2015/11/16








No comments:

Post a Comment