Sunday, May 3, 2015

Without a reason

By X. Z. Shao

Without a reason,
you brought tears to my eyes.
You are a new horizon dawning
when I reach a mountain top.
My past burdens seems lightened.
I can go astride the crests of the landscape.

Light shining ahead,

is that the love radiating from your eyes
or your heart manifesting all-embracing care
Like a fire burning, yet it cools my seared skin,
like water engulfing, yet it shields me from my haunting dreams.

My whole being turns alive.

My past vignettes play a movie in my mind.
What on earth have I been doing?
In this vast ocean of my native land,
I chose to stay in an imaginary island of a stranger’s tongue.

Suddenly, when you come, all those make sense.

I am here to open the door and show you around, my friend. 

                Late night, September 21, 2010
 

No comments:

Post a Comment