Friday, April 24, 2015

From an opening (A translation)

By X. Z. Shao
This is a translation from my poem pasted below, written Feb. 21-23, 2009. It may be a type of poems I want to write, romantic and hopeless, with texture and flavour, a sorrow and disappointment that pierce and yet heal.

From an opening
I saw the plants in your garden,
mandragoras, mandrakes,
henbanes and poppies.
A puff of fragrance
carried by a breeze
lured me to roam in it.
You shut me out in time
out of compassion
to save me from being perplexed,
but my soul had condensed into the night dews,
dropping lightly on your leaves and petals.
They would smile for a moment  
in the morning sun
and then blend themselves
into your sweet scents.
I had discarded my body
to follow your essence
which put me into such a frenzy trance.   

     Translated, 2015/4/24


從你打開的縫隙

從你打開的縫隙
我看到你種了滿園迷藥
有曼陀羅草、顛茄
天仙子和罌粟
微風使香氣撲鼻
誘我到園中飄遊
你有菩薩心腸把我關在門外
以免我失魂落魄
可我的魂魄已化作夜露附上你的花草
在晨光中一展短暫歡顏
然後消失在你的馨香裡
我已撇下軀殼
追隨你令人癲狂的本質

  Feb. 21—23, 2009
 

  

No comments:

Post a Comment